Monday, January 18, 2016

It's Monday!

I dusted off my featherweight Singer sewing machine over the weekend. I haven't used it very much since I bought it a few years ago. I need to take my Janome in for a spa day and get her ready for some serious sewing! I have fabric just waiting to be made into quilts and also some drapes I need to sew for the dining room.

I love samplers and discovered this wonderful piece for $18.00. It is not dated, but the colors are very bright and I thought it was beautiful. I've always loved cross stitch samplers, but they were out of my budget. Over the years I have picked up a few from the early 1900"s, that I have found in junk stores. I did happen to win a great schoolgirl sampler off  Ebay a few years ago. Since they are so hard to find in this part of the country, I will have to be satisfied with my pintrest board.

I took some time this weekend to tidy up my sewing spaces. Target has great plastic bins that I picked up on clearance. I wish there had been more of them. I was able to sort through some fat quarters and put them in order of color. I also found a quilt kit that somehow had been stuck in the bottom of a basket! I have 3 shelves from Ikea that are in my sewing room and I love them. They are so handy with adjustable shelving and I can see my fabric at a glance. Hope you had a great weekend and a wonderful week! 

1 comment:

Sue McPeak said...

Yep, we definitely have much in common...Featherweight and Samplers. Both of mine 'FOUND' thrifting. I also sew on a Janome...several of them. When I had my quilt shop, I was a Janome dealer...they are the wonderful machines. Your blog is aptly named...it is cute as a pie.
Sue at CollectInTexas Gal